Teens at Whisk – Holiday Cookies
Spend a fun morning getting into the holiday spirit, plus bring home a variety of Holiday Cookies to share. Pastry Chef Thanh Tang, will teach your teen how to make his favorite holiday cookie recipes. First, we’ll whip up a couple of varieties of cookie dough, learning about measuring for consistency, mixing processes and best ingredients to use. Afterwards, we will break out the piping bags and decorate our Classic Holiday Sugar Cookies in holiday style. We will work on rolling, baking, cooling techniques and piping skills to get foolproof results. Hand selected, teen tested favorites are on the menu for this class. Teens will sample their cookies in class and take the rest home to share.
On the Menu:
Classic Holiday Sugar Cookies (Royal Icing)
Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- All classes are taught by a culinary professional with 2 adult assistants.
- Classes are designed for students 13 to 18 years old.
- No prior cooking experience is required, just an interest to learn.
- For safety reasons, please tie long hair back and wear closed toed shoes.
- Students will be working with flour, butter and eggs and so we cannot accommodate students with allergies to working with gluten, dairy or eggs.