Teens at Whisk – Holiday Pies
This class is designed for teens ages 13 to 18 years old.
Pie is perfect for any occassion and you are never too young to learn how to make them. Your teen will spend a fun morning with Pastry Chef Thanh Tang as he teaches them how to make a double crust pie bursting with fruit and topped with a lattice of flaky pastry and a single crust custard pie. In this hands-on class your teen will learn the secrets to making a flaky pie dough, the best way to line a pie dish, and how to weave the perfect lattice top.
Teens will wow their families by making and baking two 6″ pies:
Apple Pie with a Lattice Top
Classic Pumpkin Pie
- All classes are taught by a culinary professional with 2 adult assistants.
- Classes are designed for students 13 to 18 years old.
- No prior cooking experience is required, just an interest to learn.
- For safety reasons, please tie long hair back and wear closed toed shoes.
- Students will be working with flour, butter and eggs and so we cannot accommodate students with allergies to working with gluten, dairy or eggs.