- This event has passed.
Kids in the Kitchen – We Love Italy, 5-Day Camp
This week long, hands-on cooking camp is designed for kids!
We will take a culinary vacation to our favorite place to eat–Italy, during this week-long cooking camp! Of course, we will start with making Pizzas, but during the week, we will learn about other favorites and make a refreshing batch of Gelato to pair with our Italian recipes of the day. We will learn about different regions of Italy, and what they are famous for, using traditional and fresh ingredients. Cookbook author, Gill Dey will guide the students in basic cooking skills; measuring, knife skills, sauteing, pasta-making and cooking, emulsion and many more. Gill will discuss how to vary a basic recipe to help the kids create their own versions.
Each day, our little chefs will sample their creations and take some home to share.
At Whisk, we make learning fun while inspiring kids. Learn something new. Taste great food. Make new fiends.
MONDAY July 9th TO FRIDAY July 13th, 5 DAYS
Class Runs From 10:oo am TO 12:00 pm, Everyday
Monday: 2 Styles of Pizza, a Thin Crust Marguerite, Thick Crust Pepperoni, Salad and Vanilla Gelato
Tuesday: Handmade Tagliatelle Pasta, with a Slow Simmered Bolognese Sauce and Chocolate Gelato
Wednesday: Ricotta Gnocchi with a Pesto Sauce, Mac and Cheese( to take home) and Lemon Gelato with Lemon Curd Ripple
Thursday: Parmesan Risotto, Italian Chop Chop Salad, Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil, and Strawberry Gelato with Fresh Raspberry Sauce
Friday: Ham and Cheese Panini, Minestrone Soup, Ricotta Cookies and Caramel Gelato with Salted Caramel Sauce.
- All classes are taught by a culinary professional with 2 adult assistants.
- Small class sizes with only 12 students per class.
- Classes are designed for students 8 to 12 years old.
- No prior cooking experience is required, just an interest to learn.
- For safety reasons, please tie long hair back and wear closed toed shoes.
- Allergies or dietary restrictions may be accommodated – just let us know upon registration.