- This event has passed.
Kids in the Kitchen: Junior Pastry Chef Camp
Our professional culinary team will teach your child pastry chef skills that will be the springboard for years of delicious baked goods. Learn how to take simple ingredients like flour, eggs, sugar and butter and turn them into something amazing. Along with essential baking techniques, cookbook author Gill Dey will provide hints and tips for how to take these basic recipes and adjust them to give endless variations. Building on the previous days skills, our creations will focus on measuring for accuracy, mixing, piping, whipping, blending, rolling and end with a Pinterest-ready celebration cake — decorated to perfection! Each day, bakers will sample their creations and take some home to share. Learn something new. Taste great food. Make new friends!
CLASS RUNS FROM 10:oo AM TO 12:00 PM, Everyday
MONDAY August 14th TO FRIDAY August 18th
Monday: Macarons and Swiss Butter crème
Tuesday: Profiteroles and Eclairs (classic pâte à choux) and Pastry Cream
Wednesday: Souffles – Hot and Cold & Sweet and Savory
Thursday: Pie – Double Crust Berry Pie & Chocolate Cream Pie
Friday: Celebration Layer Cake – Pinterest Ready!
At Whisk, we make learning FUN while inspiring kids.
- Classes designed for boys and girls ages 8 to 12 years.
- All classes are taught by a Culinary Professional, with 2 adult assistants.
- Small class sizes with only 12 students per class.
- No prior cooking experience is required, just an interest to learn.
- For safety reasons, please tie long hair back and wear closed toed shoes.
- Students will be working with flour, butter and eggs and so we cannot accommodate students with allergies to working with gluten, dairy or eggs.