- This event has passed.
Fat, Salt, Acid Heat – The Fundamentals
Understanding these 4 applications will automatically make you a better cook! How to adjust seasonings, how to balance flavors and the affect these have on your palate will be examined and explained in detail. Then you will put your understanding into practice as Chef Drew guides you in the preparation of a 3 course dinner menu, adjusting as we go; fat, salt, acid, heat.
Olive Oil Tuna Confit with Salsa Verde
Fagioli ala Fiasco (Tuscan Cannellini Beans with Sage)
Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad
Masala Zabaione with Fresh Berries
- Sauces: Herb-based sauce, zabaione (egg-thickened dessert sauce), egg-emulsified dressing
- Flavor-building and balance, using cured and pickled items to add depth of flavor
- How to handle fresh herbs
- Curing, confit, grilling,
- Timing and organization/mise en place
- Plating & presentation